|Position Title||Front Desk / Admin||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Administration||Reporting Line Name||HR & Admin|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Designation||Front Desk / Admin Officer|
|Salary||As per the company norms||Nationality||Indigenous|
|Summary: A Front Desk/Admin Officer should possess certain abilities. Attention to detail by providing general administrative and clerical support duties, managing the office reception, agendas, rules and regulations and office machinery, excellent customer service, answers phone calls, schedule appointments and display of professional attitude to welcoming guests. Etiquette to respectfully engage guest, customers, and employees.|
1. Welcomes all visitors by answering or referring inquiries
2. Dealing with telephone and email enquiries, recording details of each conversation for immediate follow up
3. With pleasant demeanor, make guest and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on premises.
4. Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitors badges where necessary.
5. Answering question and addressing complaints
6. Prepare outgoing mails by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
7. Checklist and submission of reports to the line manager
8. Supervision of the office cleaners and security personnel
9. Check, sort, and forward emails, letters to external correspondence and department
10. Ensures compliance with company rules and regulations in the reception area
11. Disbursement of Memo’s as required
12. Scheduling and setting up meeting, creating agendas, and taking minutes.
13. Booking rooms and office facilities for official use.
14. Keeping diaries and arranging appointments for HODs and executive management
15. Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents
16. Logging expenses originating from front desk department
17. Liaising with staff in other departments and with vendors for maintenance, letters dispatching and office cleaning
18. Ordering consumables for office and executive management use, i.e. candies, water, snacks, condiments, etc.
19. Logistics Management: Travel/Ticket booking, arrangement, protocol management, scheduled appointments for guests, liaising with logistics vendors for staff and management
20. Managing, maintenance and follow up of the front desk checklist on daily basis
21. Supervision of cleaning of environment with detailed attention to toilets and offices two hourly cleaning schedule by the cleaners
22. Opening of office and ensuring shutdown at close of business. Ensures electrical appliances at the waiting lounge, strategy and front desk are switched off etc.
23. Responsible for handling and carrying out instructions for GMD’s personal guests by ensuring he/she is immediately informed and/ or the GM
24. Assist in handling prompt action in entertaining guests by the tea boy
25. Schedule in-house and external events.
26. Distribute and store correspondence e.g. letters, mails, and packages
27. Must resume to the office an hour before the official opening time, to ensure that the front office and reception area is ready for business and also ensure that the clock in /sign-in register for staff attendance is ready for the daily operation
28. Must tick the daily office opening checklist before 7:30am to ensure strict compliance to daily office opening procedure by other supporting staffs.
29. Must escalate any problem associated with daily office opening procedure compliance to the HR/ ADMIN on or before 7:30am
30. Must ensure that daily office closing procedure is strictly complied with by support staffs and physically checking to be sure that this has been done before closing for the day
Your job description may vary from time to time due to amendment and additional duties as required to meet the Company’s needs
|KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS AND SKILLS|
|The incumbent must demonstrate:|
– Being able to work under pressure.
– Phone handling skills
– Customer service
– Excellent written and verbal Communication Skills.
– Management skills
– Organizational Skill
– Strong communication and people relations
– Polite and Courteous, respectful and enthusiast
– High attention to details
– Being able to prioritize workload
– Ability to work late and Saturdays
– Having interpersonal abilities
– Good memory of faces and appointments schedules
|EDUCATION & REQUIREMENT|
|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor’s in Business Related Field or Higher Diploma|
|Minimum Years and Job Experience||2-4 years in similar role.|
– Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
– Proficient in oral and written English language
– Customer service orientation
– Proficiency in use of MS Office