|Position Title||Personal Secretary||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Corporate Office & Project Site||Reporting Line Name||GM|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Project Location||TBA|
|Salary||As per the company norms||Nationality||Indigenous (foreign exposure required)|
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan & Schedule- Ability to plan & schedule in-house & external events, meetings, appointments. Also scheduling company calendar and updating as needed. Ability to plan strategically for the accomplishment of GMDs goals & objectives
- Documentation & Filing– Preparing financial statements, budget & expense reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents. Handling basic bookkeeping tasks. Photocopying, printing & filing corporate records, documents, reports etc., and retrieving as and when required by the GMD. Improving systems & reviewing process by conducting research. Managing and reviewing filing and office systems on a regular basis to correct errors
- Confidentiality– Should be a reliable, discretion, loyal person to the GMD and maintain the utmost confidentiality at his work. Would be privy to confidential information and as such require diplomacy and discretion. Duties will be clerical as well as project based and require utmost confidentiality
- Administrative & Secretarial Duties– Ability to carry-out professional administrative duties such as composing and preparing correspondence, transcribe notes, managing an active calendar of appointments, preparing & compiling documents for meetings, attend meetings and taking action points & writing minutes, coordinating meetings, conferences and committees to support the GMDs Agenda.
- Take dictation & follows instructions clearly and accurately within a timely fashion.
- Assist the GMD with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative, secretarial and domestic tasks. Administratively support HR in recruiting domestic and other administrative staff that may be needed for the GMD.
- Manage ad-hoc duties when needed. Ensure high efficiency in administrative activities and secretarial services
- Organising & Coordination Skills– Should be a professional organiser and be able to work in a methodological way. Organises and Coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts on behalf of the GMD & also oversee special projects including logistics for visitors.
- Organising and managing the GMDs personal commitments including personal complex travel plans, childcare etc
- Ability to plan & organise complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and should assist the GMD as and when required.
- Must get a huge kick out of organising someone else and contributing to a bigger picture of excellence
- Delegation & Supervision– Delegation of work where necessary in the absence of the GMD. Lead, direct and mentor the GMDs staff to achieve optimal output. Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Operational Duties– Ensure effective operational control and implements operational strategy as directed by the GMD
- Overseeing the housekeeping and maintenance of the GMDs living spaces and ensure hygiene and sanitation
- Managing & monitoring the security cameras, Fire alarms, firefighting systems and inform the concerned manager in case of any failure
- Responding accurately to emergencies or urgent issues as and when required
- Ensure effective maintenance of utilities for uninterrupted supply
- Business Analyst skills– Should have a sound understanding on the matters of the GMDs businesses. This requires strong & determine Communication skills, Interpersonal Relationship Building skills, Problem-Solving skills, Critical & Analytical thinking skills, self-managing and should have a thick skin to take the feedback and come up with new ideas using the feedback.
- Communication Skills– Communicates directly on behalf of the GMD and acts as a primary point of contact for internal & external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the GMD. Answering phone calls & coordinating conference calls. reading, monitoring & responding to mails
- Acts as a liaison between the GMD & the Clients.
- To manage & follow-up the GMDs contacts and maintain a good rapport with all the stakeholders.
- Supportive Role– Manage all handles of the GMD, Diary Management, Preliminary drafting of correspondences on the GMDs behalf. Dissemination, receipt and dispatch of all GMDs correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages etc.)
- Tech Savvy– Must be an IT Conversant. Should be able to adept new technologies and up to date with the latest apps and gadgets and be well informed. Ability to prepare presentations using MS power-point
- Self-development– Formal self-development through managing, sourcing and reading online resources by constantly conducting researches. Taking refresher courses for self and other staff members as and when needed and organising training for development purpose
- Attention to detail– Strong attention to detail to produce a qualitative work through active listening & observational skills
- Event Management– Ability to plan, organise & coordinate the events. Schedule in-house and external events. Carrying out liaison for provision of utilities and items required for events and special occasions. Aid in organizing events, such as ordering materials, requisition of meeting spaces etc.
- Accomplishment of Goals & Objectives– Ability to gather clear understanding of GMDs goals to ensure progress towards goals. Should be a compassionate & integrity-filled while accomplishing the goals and objectives of the GMD
- Calm & Professional Demeanour– Ability to work under trial by fire scenarios and be able to take rational decisions in a professional mien in times of crisis
- Calm under pressure and capable of thinking on their feet in a crisis
- Highly Resourceful– Should be an ingenious enough to overcome the difficulties in a quick and clever way
- Proactive skills– should have a proactive/flexible approach to all tasks & situations for the risk mitigation. Proactive and enthusiastic towards the work.
- Physically strong– Able to sit, walk, stand for long hours at a time
- Handling Inventories– Ability to maintain office and home inventory and supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing & expediting orders for supplies by raising requisitions and verifying all receipts of supplies
- Sourcing & ordering of all items for GMD’s personal needs at home and office
- Database Management– Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases. Secure information by completing database backups. Provide historical reference by developing and utilising filing and retrieval systems, recording meeting discussions
- Able to take responsibility and pressure to meet targets timely and with quality
- Ensures general discipline, order and code of conduct
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
− Bachelor’s degree or Higher
− Proven experience working as a Secretarial/Personal Assistant required with Overseas Experience
− Proficient in computer technology especially in MS Office Suite & office automation
− A certificate from a secretarial school preferred
|Job Skill||✓ Excellent communication skills-written and verbal skills|
✓ Strong active listening & observational skills
✓ Decisive with excellent analytical & critical thinking skills
✓ Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize
✓ Willingness to learn and to grow with the company and motivated to take on additional responsibilities and solve problems
✓ Self-directed and able to work without supervision
✓ Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
|Experience||* Successful Candidates will have a minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in a similar role.|
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in SAP
|Career Growth||This is great opportunity to join Still Earth, a growing and highly professional construction company with an ambition to expand further throughout the region. You will be given a generous benefits package and a good salary. There is also a genuine opportunity for career progression.|