|Position Title||Procurement Manager||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Projects Department||Reporting Line Name||GMD|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Direct Report||None|
|Summary: To minimize the cost and risk of a construction project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required legal standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.|
|Core Roles and Responsibilities:|
· Delegating Task and supervising the work of purchasing and procurement across all business units
· Performing all procurement activities including pre-qualification, negotiation supplier agreement, preparing contract and tender management
· Creating policies and procedure for risk management and mitigation for procurement
· Leading a team of Purchasing Agents and delegate tasks across department business result
· Developing strong relationship with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business
· Identifying areas of improvement to continually drive performance and business necessary
· Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
· Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
· Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
· Research new products and services to meet company’s goals
· Assesses total costs of company purchases
· Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
Your job description may vary from time to time due to amendment and additional duties as required.
QMS, EMS & QH&SMS Responsibilities
· Ensure the quality of their work.
· Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
· Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or requirements are not being met.
· Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
· Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
· Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs
· Awareness, understanding and application of departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
· Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risks associated with assigned task and it identification and relevant controls required.
· Awareness on possible Environmental aspects from related activities, how they can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
· Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of processes assigned
· Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
|EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENT|
|Minimum Education Required||· Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain management, Business administration or Social sciences.|
· Master’s degree in Supply chain management, Business administration or Social sciences is an added advantage.
· Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
· Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
· In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
· Management and leadership skills.
· Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
|Years of Experience Required||• Minimum of 5 years|