|Position Title||Personal Engineer||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Project Office||Reporting Line Name||Construction Manager|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Project Location||TBA|
|Salary||As per the company norms||Nationality||Indigenous|
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Site Setup & Mobilization
- To select and layout the site camp, plant and ensure HSE guidelines.
- To ensure the site follows all statutory guidelines and its layout is efficient & safe.
- To work out the requirement of manpower, material, machinery in consultation with the planning and quality department for timely progressive mobilization of the site.
- Field Investigation & Survey
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Supervise all site surveys and investigations personally for proper and correct reporting
- Review all site investigation reports at site for any inconsistence and report the same for immediate corrective action to the design and drawings.
- Maintain all site investigation report in a proper manner to ensure effective reference during construction.
- Organisation & Supervision of Work
- Develop engineering assignment approaches and review with Engineering Department.
- To plan the daily work teams based on the Schedule & Methodology provide for the site work.
- Mobilise the site daily on time and give the toolbox talk.
- Organize field work and assign technicians and staff specialists to tasks.
- To ensure all necessary material and machinery is available for the day work.
- To ensure proper commencement of work by all teams.
- To provide timely relief of labour, materiel and machinery.
- To ensure breaktime and efficient use of resources with minimum wastage.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor.
- Project Management/handling
- Understand and implement project specifications effectively.
- Follow design consultants’ drawings and integrate in project.
- Execute whole project in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Provide full support as required by the Management and PMT.
- Coordinate with all project related personnel (internal or external) on day-to-day progress of activities, procurement and operations to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Coordinate all material delivery, consumption, handling and assist in logistics, shipment and receipt at construction site.
- Support Project Manager and ensure timely addressing of project contractual deliverables.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP).• Plan all manpower, material and machinery deployment well in advance.
- Prepare the monthly and weekly schedules.
- Project all requirements for the site for the next 3 months every month.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Plant & Machinery Maintenance & Handling
- Ensure the correct utilization of all plant and machinery (P & M), to safeguard against misuse.
- Ensure timely and proper maintenance of all P & M
- Provide proper shutdown to all P & M to provide adequate time for Maintenance and avoid overuse and damage.
- Project Review & Reporting
- Attend the Weekly Progress Meetings (Internal as well as with Client) and assist in preparation of Minutes of Meetings.
- Prepare the Daily Progress Report and provide the same to the project manager and head office immediately on close of work.
- Update the strip plan and the prepare the weekly progress report every week.
- Ensure all inputs are provided to the planning department for the preparing Monthly Progress Report by the 2nd of the subsequent month.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions.
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Analyze Test Results of Construction Materials – Make sure all the construction materials pass inspection and meet specifications.
- Carry out the necessary tests & inspections as per laid out schedule.
- Ensure tests are carried out properly and in the presence of required Consultant and Client staff.
- Ensure test results are signed off by the required representatives for proper billing.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Monitor compliance of applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Prepare and document design calculations under Principal Engineer’s directions.
- Ensure proper record of all site documents, test results, inspection reports and progress reports.
- Maintain all required statutory documents at site, ensure they are always properly displayed / readily available for reference and inspection.
- Always maintain all good for construction and working drawings.
- Maintain project data base by updating program software, entering and backing up data.
- Proper Communication
- Communicate on project progress, unusual concerns and plans to the management.
- Keep all doors of communication to the site staff, contractors, superiors and client always open.
- Ensure that mobile phones are always attended and in coverage. All mails are answered promptly.
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure Health, Environmental and Safety aspects are considered in all stages of project implementation.
- Periodic checks to be carried out encompassing site layout, operations, site works and logistics.
- Maintain all HSE documentation, posters and presentations.
- Carryout regular talks and training on all HSE aspects.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Do not start work before all safety precautions are in place.
- Making sure that all HSE and legal requirements are being met throughout the process of site actives.
- Performance reporting of site engineer, workers, drivers, operators, supervisors, contractors etc
- Monitor the site staff for proper performance appraisal and guidance.
- Inspect the work and analysis the suitable development of all staff and workers for efficient and productive utilization of the available manpower.
- Prepare the unbiased weekly performance report of all staff for timely corrective measure and proper recognition.
- Provide timely guidance to site staff for proper effect utilization of resources and effective quality control.
- Contractor Management
- Select and Negotiate with Contractor for the maximum productivity and benefit to the project.
- Prepare a proper schedule for each contractor to ensure project timelines.
- Inspect the contractor’s manpower, material and machinery for proper workability and safety.
- Ensure proper quality of the contractor’s work and efficient resource utilization.
- Issue timely work orders and notices to contractors as per required contractual guidelines.
- Client & Consultant Relationship
- Maintain harmonious and cordial relations with all consultant and client staff.
- Maintain all records and documents as per the directions of the consultants.
- Ensuring all procedures and calculations are submitted to the client for review and approval.
- Keep the consultant informed for timely inspection to avoid idling of resources.
- Always ensure that all instructions of the consultant and the client are followed meticulously.
- Interacting daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and implement them on the site.
- Respond to any client complaints, concerns or requests promptly throughout the project duration.
- Ensure Company Branding at Site
- Maintain the site in a proper manner to highlight the brand of the company.
- Always keep all site personnel under check and all equipment in proper presentable condition to ensure no adverse impact to the name of the company.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Risk Analysis
- Be aware of all project ponderable to foresee any risk that may affect the project.
- Report and take corrective action to mitigate the risks.
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
− Diploma degree in civil engineering.
− Proficient with Auto CAD and CAE software.
− Proficient in Project Management Software, Primavera & M S Project.
− Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards.
− Professional Engineer license.
− Degree in civil engineering
|Job Skill||✓ Excellent written, verbal, communication skills and reading comprehension to|
understand technical and contractual matters, including preparing and giving
✓ Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills, negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills.
✓ Excellent engineering, computer & time management skills; ability to prioritize, with sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
✓ Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels and to resolve complaints.
✓ Must be innovative, detail-oriented, problem-solving skills.
✓ Willingness to learn and to grow with the company and motivated to take on additional responsibilities.
✓ Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
|Experience||❖ For Civil Diploma Holder- |
Minimum of 7 years’ experience
Should have completed at least two projects.
❖ For Civil Engineer (B.E/B.Tech)-
Minimum of 5 years’ experience
Should have completed at least two projects.
|Career Growth||This is great opportunity to join Still Earth, a growing and highly professional construction company with an ambition to expand further throughout the region. You will be given a generous benefits package and a good salary. There is also a genuine opportunity for career progression.|