|Position Title||Quantity Surveyor||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Projects Department||Reporting Line Name||Projects Manager|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Direct Report||None|
|Summary: To minimize the cost and risk of a construction project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required legal standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.|
• Procurement Strategy development and drafting pricing mechanisms
• Preparation of detailed Bill of Quantities.
• Measurement, extraction of quantities from working drawings and cost analyses.
• Supervising projects and Physical measurement on site.
• Preparation of Interim Valuation for stage payment
• Preparation of Bill of Materials.
• Measurement of quantities from working drawings.
• Physical Measurement on site.
• Reviews the cost structure and pricing policies and provides clients with job quotes depending on the order, size and completion deadlines
• Create budgets using contract pricing and review pricing and engineering data with clients
• Collaborate with the Product Development department and technical Design department to outline budget parameters and update budgets with any necessary changes
• Provide raw material forecasts and cost-analysis to management
• Oversight of Factory controls over production, inventory management & Cost management
• Project drawings, B.O.Q., tender submission and material take-offs (MTO).
• Coordination of company projects from inception to completion at the site
• Cost Planning
• Collating Invitation to Tender packages
• Managing Tender queries/returns and down-selection process
• Negotiation and Award Contracts
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities, Project Viability appraisal, Material Schedules, Preparation of Preliminary Estimate.
• Bid Preparation.
• Budget Control.
• Client scope Clarification, Verification and Validation.
• Preparation of Claims.
• Evaluation of Sub-Contractor’s Claims
• Commercial Negotiation with Clients and Vendors.
• Appraisal of alternative Cost Solutions on Project.
• Realistic project cost reduction with cognizance to quality of work
• Candidate Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
• Well versed in Analysis of survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other
topographical / geologic data
• Understanding of Program of Works given and ability to deduce the material quantity
requirements for the same
• Technical capabilities on standards and specifications to industrial or managerial
personnel regarding design, construction, modifications, or structural repairs.
• Proven history of successful Civil Facilities Construction & Maintenance Quantity Surveys
• Proven management of materials for construction, operations, or maintenance activities and staff at the project site.
QMS, EMS & OH&S Standards
• Ensure the quality of their work.
• Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
• Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or requirements are not being met.
• Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
• Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
• Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs
• Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
• Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and its identification and relevant controls required.
• Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
• Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned
• Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
Your job description may vary from time to time due to amendment and additional duties as required to meet the Company’s needs
|EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENT|
|Minimum Education Required||• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering|
• Master’s Degree in civil engineering added advantage
• Must be fully licensed and certified/chartered. Membership / Certification of a professional engineering body (ABET, COREN certified, etc)
|Years of Experience Required||• Minimum of 1 – 4 years|