|Position Title||Quantity Surveyor||Type||Permanent|
|Department||Projects Department||Reporting Line Name||Projects Manager|
|Location||Ikoyi, Lagos||Direct Report||None|
• Procurement Strategy development and drafting pricing mechanisms
• Preparation of detailed Bill of Quantities.
• Measurement, extraction of quantities from working drawings and cost analyses.
• Supervising projects and Physical measurement on site.
• Preparation of Interim Valuation for stage payment
• Preparation of Bill of Materials.
• Measurement of quantities from working drawings.
• Physical Measurement on site.
• Reviews the cost structure and pricing policies and provides clients with job quotes depending on the order, size and completion deadlines
• Create budgets using contract pricing and review pricing and engineering data with clients
• Collaborate with Product Development department and technical Design department to outline budget parameters and update budgets with any necessary changes
• Provide raw material forecasts and cost-analysis to management
• Oversight of Factory controls over production, inventory management & Cost management
• Project drawings, B.O.Q., tender submission and material take offs (MTO).
• Coordination of company projects from inception to completion at site
• Cost Planning
• Collating Invitation to Tender packages
• Managing Tender queries / returns and down selection process
• Negotiation and Award Contracts
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities, Project Viability appraisal, Material Schedules, Preparation of Preliminary Estimate.
• Bid Preparation.
• Budget Control.
• Client scope Clarification, Verification and Validation.
• Preparation of Claims.
• Evaluation of Sub-Contractor’s Claims
• Commercial Negotiation with clients and Vendors.
• Appraisal of alternative Cost Solutions on Project.
• Realistic project cost reduction with cognizance to quality of work
Candidate Experience and Knowledge Requirement
• Well versed in Analysis of survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical / geologic data
• Understanding of Program of Works given and ability to deduce the material quantity requirements for the same
• Technical capabilities on standards and specifications to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, modifications or structural repairs
• Proven history of successful Civil Facilities Construction & Maintenance Quantity Surveys
• Proven management of materials for construction, operations, or maintenance activities and staff at project site.
|EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENT|
|Minimum Education Required||• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering|
• Master’s Degree in civil engineering added advantage
• Must be fully licensed and certified / chartered. Membership / Certification of a professional engineering body (ABET, COREN certified, etc)
|Minimum Years of Experience Required||• Minimum 10 years of Civil Engineering & 5 years of Road Construction|